The University of Luxembourg invites applications for its Faculty of Language and Literature,
Humanities, Arts and Education
Research Associate (M/F) – Institute of Geography and Spatial Planning –
ESPON Contact Point Luxembourg
- Ref.: R-AGR-0079-10-C
- Fixed-term contract (1.10.2016-14.2.2017), 20 hours/week (replacement parental leave)
- Employee status
Preferred starting date: 01.10.2016
The overall objective of the ESPON Contact Point in Luxembourg is to inform policy makers,
practitioners and the broad public about the research activities of the European Territorial
Observation Network (ESPON programme).
This activity is undertaken towards key stakeholders in Luxembourg. This comprises in particular
ministries at national level (e.g. Ministry of Sustainable Development and Infrastructure) and communes at local level (e.g. Formation continue en Aménagement du territoire).
The ESPON Contact Point in Luxembourg was established in March 2008 and the University of
Luxembourg is responsible for its coordination.
The research associate will work within the ESPON Contact Point hosted at the Institute of
Geography and Spatial Planning.
Under the supervision of Professor Dr. Birte Nienaber, he/she will:
- Participate in the management of the project activities to be undertaken in Luxembourg
- Be responsible for conducting the capitalisation and dissemination of ESPON research results (e.g. organising events with key stakeholders in Luxembourg, editing a newsletter).
- Assist the professor with other projects in the field of political geography (e.g. the Formation continue en aménagement du territoire, and ongoing research projects in the fields of migration and border studies).
- Assist the professor in the conception of project workshops, maintenance of project website and database, etc.
For further information please contact:
Prof. Dr. Birte Nienaber
Tel: +352 466644-9318
- Master (or equivalent) in Geography, European Regional Studies, Spatial planning, European affairs, Cultural Studies or any other related field
- Experience in the field of (European) spatial planning,
- Experience in the field of media and communication would be a plus
- Ability to work independently and within an interdisciplinary team
- Knowledge in Document Analysis and Reporting
- Experience in the use of common computer software (Microsoft Office)
- Good communication and drafting skills
As the candidate will have to deal within a multilingual context, he/she must be fluent in English
and in German (written and spoken). Knowledge of French and Luxembourgish will be considered as an advantage.
The research associate will work in the international environment of the University of
Luxembourg and will be member of the Institute of Geography and Spatial Planning.
He/She will have the opportunity to join European conferences, in particular in the ESPON
context. He/She will have the opportunity to network with European practitioners involved
in European spatial planning and cohesion policy.
Candidates should submit the following documents:
- letter of motivation (in English or German)
- curriculum vitae (in English or German)
- copies of diplomas
Please apply online until 30 June 2016:
The University is an equal opportunity employer
||Pour en savoir plus ...